- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (11 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink. Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Chicken
Sort By :
"Another winner. The chicken was very tender. The peach preserves "mellowed out" the salsa without tasting strongly of peach flavor. It combined with rice well and was an overall very tasty and filling dish with a mild kick to it. It was an easy and quick to prepare meal. Really enjoyed it."
"So simple and delicious!! A great recipe for busy week nights. I followed it to a T. I used a mild salsa and mild taco seasoning for the kids' sensitive palate. I spiced mine up with red pepper flakes and it was great! Will make this again and again."
"I used Peach Pineapple salsa and added some onion, green and yellow bell pepper strips and my family raved over it. I also did the suggestion of oven grilling the chicken first so no need to fry anything. It's so a keeper!!!"
"This was good! Only sub was apricot for peach preserves since that's what I had. Always happy to find a new way to dress up chicken and this is def a keeper. Only downside was my two-year old didn't like it...but she's picky & at least she liked the rice I made with it so didn't really have to make a whole other meal ;)"
"I make this using sugar free apricot preserves. Also no oil to saute the chicken, just use a cooking spray in the pan. Really lowers the calories."