Sweet 'n' Spicy Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (11 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink. Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Chicken
Sort By :
Easy, simple, tasty and I need to make sure to use mild salsa for my kids. I would like to try using cranberry sauce instead of the preserves as other reviewers suggested.
WOW!!!! I would give it 10 stars if I could. I made it exactly as the recipe states, only I used apricot preserves because I had it in my pantry. Definitely will be making again and again and again.
This was surprisingly good! After reading the ingredient list I thought...."I'm not sure about this..." but this was delicious. I didn't bother with the oil. I just seasoned the chicken and tossed it in the skillet until it was cooked. Did I mention this was a QUICK meal!?
This was so tasty and easy to make! My husband made it this time in a flash! A keeper.
My whole family and friends love this dish. I lower the fat by coating the chicken with the taco mix and baking for half hour til done. No frying. When I'm pressed for time I have sprinkled taco mix on cooked chicken and left in a bag all day. When ready, I just followed the rest of the recipe. Voila, instant dinner. And oh so GOOD.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >