Sweet 'n' Spicy Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (11 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink. Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Chicken
Sort By :
"This was good! Only sub was apricot for peach preserves since that's what I had. Always happy to find a new way to dress up chicken and this is def a keeper. Only downside was my two-year old didn't like it...but she's picky & at least she liked the rice I made with it so didn't really have to make a whole other meal ;)"
"I make this using sugar free apricot preserves. Also no oil to saute the chicken, just use a cooking spray in the pan. Really lowers the calories."
"I was very skeptical about the strange combination of ingredients, but thought I would trust those 25 five-star reviews and give it a try. It really is delicious! I also didn't have peach preserves on hand, so I used cranberry sauce, as others suggested. Try this! It's a fast dinner fix, and you probably have everything already in your kitchen!"
"Easy and delicious!"
"this was way to easy for the taste. It was sooooooo good! YUMMY"