Sunday Dinner Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the sour cream, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, onion salt and pepper; beat until fluffy.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with the remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sunday Dinner Mashed Potatoes(12)
Sort By :
Tasty. Creamy. Easy. Quite the combination that makes this recipe a welcome addition to the kitchen arsenal.
Yuuuum! These were awesome.
I've been using this recipe for quite a few years whenever I'm having guests because I hate making mashed potatoes at the last minute when you're also making the gravy, etc. Another plus is that these potatoes keep their smooth consistency when reheating.
Definately my favorite mashed potato recipe...perfect even without baking them.
We always make these mashed potatoes. We don't use a dutch oven and they still turn out just fine. I've even not baked them in the oven and they still turn out great.