These dainty finger sandwiches are perfect for casual picnics or luncheons. Tarragon-seasoned chicken complements cucumber and cantaloupe slices. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 24 slices soft multigrain bread, crusts removed
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium cantaloupe, cut into 12 thin slices
- Combine the tarragon, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cool to room temperature; thinly slice.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, dill, lemon juice and remaining salt; spread over 12 bread slices. Top with cucumber, chicken, cantaloupe and remaining bread. Cut sandwiches in half diagonally. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Summer Tea Sandwiches in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p7
Reviews for Summer Tea Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review