Summer Squash Mushroom Casserole Recipe
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute the summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, cheese, soup, sour cream and salt. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine cracker crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Summer Squash Mushroom Casserole
Sort By :
For as good as this looks and sounds, particularly notice carb.count appears to be ***diabetic friendly***. Very6 much enjoy reading others' ideas on this recipe. Particularly like idea of adding sweet red pepper!
I omitted the mushrooms and added green pepper instead. Will make it again. it was wonderful.
was looking for a recipe to use up some zucchini and found this..it was a great hit/had it with pork chops on the grill- will be keeping this in my 'FAVORITE file..
this is a keeper!! we are zucchini lovers and my family cleaned it up! did add red diced pepper and had some pepproni I dicded up..so many ways you can change this recipe and it is still so good..
Served this to guests and they asked for the recipe. Everyone loves this!