- 1 pound summer sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into eight cubes
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in the chicken and tomatoes. Divide mixture among eight double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top each with a butter cube.
- Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Carefully open foil to allow steam to escape; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Summer Sausage Hobo Packets in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Summer Sausage Hobo Packets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2012
"yummy yummy yummy!!! loved everything about it!"