Sizzle up spicy chorizo, veggies and eggs for a breakfast that keeps you going all morning. If I want something handheld, I turn it into tacos. —Andrea Rivera, Westbury, New York
Featured In: 21 Dishes with an Egg on Top
- 1/2 pound fresh chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chorizo, peppers and onion over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until chorizo is cooked through, breaking chorizo into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomatoes, zucchini, garlic and paprika; cook, covered, 5-7 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- With back of spoon, make four wells in vegetable mixture; break an egg into each well. Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper. Cook, covered, 4-6 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Summer Breakfast Skillet in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews for Summer Breakfast Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review