Streusel Rhubarb Bread Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or sliced frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and oil. Beat in egg. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into brown sugar mixture just until combined. Fold in rhubarb and nuts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and butter until crumbly; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Streusel Rhubarb Bread(6)
Sort By :
Very Yummy! I cut it and put butter on the slice! OhhhhhhhhhhSOOOOOOOgood! :)
This bread is delicious! Wonderful texture- moist but light. I added 1 tsp. cinnamon to the batter and increased the cinnamon to 1/2 tsp. in the topping.
Instead of using 2 loaf pans I divided the batter into 5 mini loaf pans. That way you get topping with every bite. :) They are pretty enough to give as gifts.
A little crumbly while still warm, absolutely scrumptous the next day!!!
One of the best breads I have ever made!
this bread is delish.... i make it without the topping- i put a little cinnamon in the batter. my husband doesn't like rhubarb but LOVES this bread. also- i make the whole recipe in a bundt pan.