As pretty as a picture, this quick-and-easy dessert from Crystal Edwards of Van Alstyne, Texas, makes any gathering seem special. Busy cooks will appreciate the make-ahead convenience and the use of purchased pound cake.
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (13-1/2 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Beat in cream cheese and extract until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- In another bowl, gently combine strawberries and glaze. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, pudding mixture and strawberry mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Trifle in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p42
Reviews for Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review