As pretty as a picture, this quick-and-easy dessert from Crystal Edwards of Van Alstyne, Texas, makes any gathering seem special. Busy cooks will appreciate the make-ahead convenience and the use of purchased pound cake.
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (13-1/2 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Beat in cream cheese and extract until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- In another bowl, gently combine strawberries and glaze. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, pudding mixture and strawberry mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Trifle in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p42
Reviews for Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2010
"I have tried many different Trifle recipes and I must say that this is to die for. Using the creamcheese pudding mix gives it that extra kick. My search is over, this is the one."