"I love to entertain and cook for family and friends when they drop in," remarks Ileen Adkins of Randle, Washington. "When strawberries are in season, I serve this salad often. But because of its unusual combination of onion and berries, I sometimes have to encourage guests to try it. Once they do, they always come back for more."
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- In a large bowl, toss the romaine, strawberries and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until blended. Serve with salad. Yield: 8-10 servings (1 cup dressing).
Originally published as Strawberry Romaine Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p68
Reviews for Strawberry Romaine Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review