- 30 fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate and shortening at 50% power; stir until smooth. Stir in extract.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate mixture; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, allowing excess chocolate to form the ghosts' tails. Immediately press chocolate chips into coating for eyes. Freeze 5 minutes.
- In microwave, melt remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip a toothpick into melted chocolate and draw a mouth on each ghost. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Strawberry Ghosts
Sort By :
"a nice treat for Halloween. I would rather pipe tip the mouths on though, faster and easier than using a toothpick!"
"These were so cute! I also had a problem with the chocolate seizing when I added the extract. They were really yummy even without the almond, though, and that's how I would do it again."
"Super up to the point of finishing the "look" in the picture. What was used (I assume sprinkles) for the red hair and what was used for the green hair????"
"day 26 the dates we had all day loaneveryone loved them!everyone loves them!"
"This is my favorite recipe EVER!! Seriously, I love holidays and am always looking for cute ideas for parties. I used these for Halloween this year and everyone LOVED them!! So easy and cute and my gluten-free daughter could eat them, too! I cheated a little and used little candy eyeballs from Michael's and then drew mouths. Absolutely awesome!! Everyone at my office still asks for them and it's no longer Halloween..."