Banana Ghosts and Berry Ghouls
Dipped bananas and berries on a stick are as fun to make as they are to eat, especially when they become little ghosts and ghouls. —Taste of Home Food Styling Team
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 medium firm ripe bananas
- 18 Popsicle sticks
- 1 package (14 ounces) vibrant green Wilton candy melts, melted
- 12 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a microwave, melt white chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Peel bananas; cut in half widthwise. Insert sticks into bananas. Dip into melted chips, coating fruit completely; allow excess to drip off. Insert stick into a styrofoam block to stand.
- Insert a stick into each strawberry. Dip into green coating; allow excess to drip off. Insert into styrofoam block. Let stand until set. Using melted chocolate, pipe faces onto ghosts and ghouls.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for at least 20 minutes. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Dipped Fruit on a Stick in Ultimate Halloween 2012 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.