Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup strawberry preserves
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough into four portions. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place half of the circles onto ungreased baking sheets. Place 1/2 teaspoon preserves in the center of each circle; top with remaining circles and press edges lightly with a fork to seal. Cut slits in the top of each cookie. Bake until edges are light brown, 7-9 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 83 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 24, 2017
These are absolutely delicious and so worth the time it takes to make them. I didn't change a thing in this recipe and they are now a favorite in our house! 5 stars
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.