"A friend brought these pretty parfaits to a potluck, and I just had to have the recipe," writes Melanie Quails from Chinook, Montana. You can substitute your favorite fresh fruit, such as peaches or raspberries.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/2 cups angel food cake cubes
- 2 whole fresh strawberries, halved
- In a small bowl, combine sliced strawberries and sugar; set aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar. Add the sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the remaining confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- In two parfait glasses, layer a fourth of the sliced strawberry mixture, cake cubes and cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top each parfait with two strawberry halves. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 63
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review