- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- STRAWBERRY GLAZE:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) strawberry jelly
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or lemon juice
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1 quart whole fresh strawberries, hulled
- Combine pecans, crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 10-in. springform pan. Set aside.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat well. Spoon over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until filling is almost set. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, for topping, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over cheesecake and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Several hours before serving, prepare glaze. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add jelly and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until jelly is melted and the mixture has thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in liqueur and food coloring if desired. Cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, loosen and remove sides of springform pan. Arrange strawberries on top with pointed ends up. Spoon glaze over berries, allowing some to drip down sides of cake. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake
Sort By :
"I have been making this recipe since 1981 and everytime people love it. My recipe is slightly different and I do change the jelly I use to make it interesting."
"Very tasty and pretty."
"I loved this recipe. Made it for my sister's birthday party and everyone loved it too. Received only high compliments. Highly recommended recipe for those looking to impress."
"I don't even like cheesecake, but I decided to make this for my boyfriend's birthday and he loved it. He talked me into trying a piece... and I loved it too! I've made it a few times since then, and I always get compliments. I would very highly recommend this recipe!"