- 10 to 12 slices day-old French bread (1 inch thick)
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 4 firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie or apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- Place bread slices in a large shallow baking dish. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and baking powder; pour over bread. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. In a bowl, combine the strawberries, bananas, sugar and pie spice; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Arrange prepared bread on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Banana French Toast in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p40
Reviews for Strawberry-Banana French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2012
This is soooo good! We used wheat french bread and a 1 lb container of fresh strawberries. We didn't have any pumpkin pie spice home, so we used a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, & allspice.