We never feel like we're missing out on meat when this super supper is on the table. Not only is it a quick dinner to whip up on warm summer nights, but it is one of the meals that my husband requests most. —Tracy Holaday of Muncie, Indiana
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), julienned
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 each medium sweet red, yellow and green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the carrots, leek, zucchini, peppers and beans in hot olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain pasta; add to the vegetable mixture. Drizzle with sesame oil. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, salt, chili powder and ginger. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Stir-Fried Veggies With Pasta in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p40
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Veggies with Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2008
"sounds deklish will try this"