- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions. Cool and crumble into a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add squash; cook, covered, for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter. Add the onion, celery and green pepper; saute until tender.
- Add vegetable mixture and squash to the corn bread. In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, salt and pepper; add to corn bread and stir until blended. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Squash Dressing
Sort By :
"I normally do not eat dressing but this is delicious! Everyone always requests the recipe, I omit the green pepper."
"This dressing was so moist and really delicious! Will definitely make again!"
"This is an awesome dressing! I made it for the first time for a Thanksgiving potluck at work. Will definitely make this again for the family!"
"I'm looking forward to trying this recipe - suggestion for the vegetarian - try cream of celery soup..."
"Would really love to try this recipe. I am a vegetarian does anyone have any suggestions for replacement of the cream of chicken soup ?"