- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions. Cool and crumble into a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add squash; cook, covered, for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter. Add the onion, celery and green pepper; saute until tender.
- Add vegetable mixture and squash to the corn bread. In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, salt and pepper; add to corn bread and stir until blended. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Squash Dressing
Sort By :
"I plan to make this for one of my Thanksgiving dishes, has anyone prepared it in advance?"
"I normally do not eat dressing but this is delicious! Everyone always requests the recipe, I omit the green pepper."
"This dressing was so moist and really delicious! Will definitely make again!"
"This is an awesome dressing! I made it for the first time for a Thanksgiving potluck at work. Will definitely make this again for the family!"
"I'm looking forward to trying this recipe - suggestion for the vegetarian - try cream of celery soup..."