- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted long grain rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through. Stir in spinach. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Spinach White Bean Soup
Sort By :
I also used 2 cans of beans. Aside from that, I followed this to a T. Kale may be a better choice for this soup (I think it holds up better) but the spinach was fine the night off. Just made leftovers not quite as tasty as I would have liked.
Do not make this recipe! I followed it to a T & it was horrible! I finally added an extra can of beans as it was so runny. My stomach hurts it was so bad.
I eliminated the rice and added small soup pasta the last hour of cooking. It is fabulous and went out and bought the ingredients to make again this week !!
I also added another can of beans.
I used a 10.75 can of puree instead of 15 ounces and it was fine. I did not rinse the beans but did drain them. Next time I will cut down the salt a big to 1/4 tsp. since I didn't drain the beans. A good hearty soup that we liked.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Bean Soup >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Soup >
- Slow Cooker Stews >
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >