- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted long grain rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through. Stir in spinach. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Spinach White Bean Soup
Sort By :
"I also used 2 cans of beans. Aside from that, I followed this to a T. Kale may be a better choice for this soup (I think it holds up better) but the spinach was fine the night off. Just made leftovers not quite as tasty as I would have liked."
"Do not make this recipe! I followed it to a T & it was horrible! I finally added an extra can of beans as it was so runny. My stomach hurts it was so bad."
"I eliminated the rice and added small soup pasta the last hour of cooking. It is fabulous and went out and bought the ingredients to make again this week !!"
"I also added another can of beans."
"I used a 10.75 can of puree instead of 15 ounces and it was fine. I did not rinse the beans but did drain them. Next time I will cut down the salt a big to 1/4 tsp. since I didn't drain the beans. A good hearty soup that we liked."