- 2 cups torn fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup thawed apple-cranberry juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the spinach in water over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until wilted; drain well. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, artichokes, Parmesan cheese and rosemary; set aside.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down center of tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; remove plastic. Sprinkle meat with 1/2 teaspoon salt; top with spinach mixture.
- Close meat; tie with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Place in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Pour over the meat. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spinach Pork Tenderloin
Sort By :
My family thoroughly enjoyed this recipe. It takes a bit longer to cook than the recipe suggests.