Spinach Apple Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup diced unpeeled apple
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups torn romaine
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, salt and sugar; mix well. Add apple, onion and raisins; toss lightly to coat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, combine spinach and romaine in a large salad bowl; add dressing and toss. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Apple Salad in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p35
Reviews for Spinach Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing recipe. Saved to RB just today. Am glad to see thee are few carbs. in this salad. Makes me happy since I'm carb restricted.
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2012
Great salad! I substitute half the oil for chicken broth to cut fat/calories. Don't even miss it.