Spinach Apple Salad Recipe
Whenever Mom made this salad, it was the first thing on my plate. With spinach, apples, raisins and a light dressing, this beautiful harvest salad is a feast for the eyes as well as the palate. -Darlis Wilfer, Phelps, Wisconsin
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup diced unpeeled apple
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups torn romaine
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, salt and sugar; mix well. Add apple, onion and raisins; toss lightly to coat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, combine spinach and romaine in a large salad bowl; add dressing and toss. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Apple Salad in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p35
Reviews for Spinach Apple Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2012
Great salad! I substitute half the oil for chicken broth to cut fat/calories. Don't even miss it.