- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3-1/2 pounds large red potatoes, cut into wedges
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the potatoes. Seal bag and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning once. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Potato Wedges
Sort By :
"These are the best fries!! I omit the cayenne pepper & regular salt. Quick and easy to make. I have tried a couple of other baked fries recipes but none have the wonderful flavor these do. Definitely a favorite at our house."
"Delicious! I made these for a family dinner and had no leftovers."
"I have made this recipe many times with different kinds of potatoes - always a winner. It has a great blend of flavors. I, too, use cooking spray instead of oil. We keep the seasoning mixed and in the pantry in a lidded shaker... spray and sprinkle, turn, spray and sprinkle. More seasoning can be added when turning the potatoes during cooking (if needed)."
"When i made this recipe I don't use oil instead i spray the potatoes with pam then sprinkle the seasons on and toss in a big bowl we all love them."
"Delicious! I didn't have cayenne pepper so I used chipotle pepper instead. Seemed to work fine. Added a nice smoky flavor."