This delicious, moist fish is very quick and easy to prepare. It gets a little sweetness from brown sugar but overall the seasonings are mild and give this dish broad appeal. It's a great way to enjoy healthy salmon. —Donna Reynolds, Innisfail, Alberta
Featured In: Top 10 Grilled Fish Recipes
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash salt
- Dash dried tarragon
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- Mix all ingredients except salmon; brush over salmon.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on an oiled grill rack or on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Salmon in Country Woman May/June 2005, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spiced Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 13, 2012
"We love this recipe! We don't use the tarragon, but everything else is the same."
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2009
"It's a little sweet so I'd probably only put 2 tbls of brown sugar in next time."