Spiced Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 4 pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add pork chops, a few at a time; seal bag and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water and brown sugar; pour over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spiced Pork Chops(8)
Sort By :
These are wonderful pork chops. Very moist and flavorful! I will be making these often!
I am very picky with my pork chops because most turn out dry. This recipe is anything but. I used at least 1 inch thick chops and they were very moist and flavorful. #1 pork chop recipe for me :)
I've made this many times. I substitute an 8 oz can of tomato sauce for the ketchup to reduce the sugar in the sauce.
I actually baked these covered and they were very tender.
I had the good fortune to eat these last evening at my daughter's house, they were delicious!!! Easy to make she said and I'm online today to print the recipe. Easy and Delicious