- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 4 pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add pork chops, a few at a time; seal bag and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water and brown sugar; pour over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spiced Pork Chops
Sort By :
"Very good! Like others mentioned, there was a little too much flour in comparison to the other spices. Next time I'll up the spices!"
"This is my favorite way to prepare pork chops. So flavorful, especially the sauce. Even all 7 kids like it!"
"Followed the recipe exactly. Very tender, moist, and flavorful. A hit with the entire family."
"I have made these pork chops for years now. Always a hit with everyone…All ages.Perfect in my book. Just as written !!"
"Yummy recipe. Ended up being a bit overdone even after taking them out 5 minutes early...that's the only reason I give 4 stars. But overall the recipe was good and I would definitely make it again."