Spiced Pear Bread Recipe
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained and mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, pears, applesauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into four 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews for Spiced Pear Bread(8)
Sort By :
I have cooking class that I do with our residents at our nursing home and they had never ever heard of Pear Bread . We did use fresh pears instead of canned. The bread was amazing!
Alittle extra clove and this is great. It's not overly sweet. I used canned pears. My 18 month old likes it too.
I rated this a 5 not because I thought it was a five, but I made it Saturday and by Monday evening my family had devoured it! Will make again.
I made the recipe to a tee and both my husband and I thought it was very plain. It was moist which is good but it wasn't near as good as other pear breads I have had in the past. It seemed to be lacking in taste. We had other people over when we had it and they really liked it but it isn't something I will make again.
My husband and I both really liked this. I used pears canned with splenda and then in the bread I used 1/2 splenda and 1/2 sugar. I will make this recipe again but replace half of the gloves with nutmeg.