My mom and I put up our own pears, so I always have plenty on hand when I want to make this wonderful bread. It's so moist and delicious that you'll want to have another slice…or two! —Rachel Barefoot, Linden, Michigan
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained and mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, pears, applesauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into four 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Spiced Pear Bread in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 53
Reviews for Spiced Pear Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review