During cool-weather season, my husband and I take this soul-warming drink outside by the fire pit. Our house smells amazing while the cider is simmering! —Lisa Bynum, Brandon, Mississippi
Featured In: 28 Slow Cooker Drinks
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot (about 1 inch), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 quarts apple cider or juice
- rum, optional
- Place first five ingredients on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose spice mixture; tie securely with string.
- Place cider and spice bag in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, to allow flavors to blend, 2-3 hours. Discard spice bag. If desired, stir in rum. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Hot Spiced Apple Cider in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Spiced Hot Apple Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review