- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Speedy Brownies
"These brownies where easy to make and like other reviewer said, the next day they where amazing!Also I can't help but laugh at one review :D I really hope she posted this as a joke! A cup HOLDS 8oz of WATER, chocolate chips have air pockets around them, so they will be lighter, and a cup of feathers will be even lighter :D"
"Very easy to make and everyone loves them!!"
"I made these on a whim after having a serious craving for brownies, and fresh out of the oven, I had an experience similar to some other reviewers here: the brownies were too dry for my taste, more cakey than gooey or fudgey... However, upon tasting them the next day, they are delicious. Gooey and chocolatey and your perfect brownie. The third day, even - just as delicious. Long story short, if you find your brownies a bit dry out of the oven, let them rest for a few hours and then dig in."
"I got this recipe originally from the Taste of Home magazine a few years ago. I love it and so does everyone that eats the ones I make. Of course, us cooks all have our own little 'touches' and 'substitutes' we use, as I do with this recipe. That's OK too.I highly recommend anyone to use this recipe.They are oh, so good."