Southwestern Pork Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked pork loin strips
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, beans, onion, green pepper, tomato and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Pork Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p25
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Southwestern Pork Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review