With peach orchards just a couple of miles from home, it's easy to treat my family to this traditional dessert. —Mattie Carter, Rock Hill, South Carolina
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, gently toss peaches, 1/2 cup sugar and extract; set aside. Pour butter into a 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar; stir in milk until smooth. Pour evenly over butter (do not stir). Top with peach mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as South Carolina Cobbler in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p44
Reviews for South Carolina Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review