- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large bowl, combine peaches and preserves. Transfer to pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, sour cream, egg yolks, flour and vanilla. Pour over peaches.
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugars, pecans and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over pie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and topping is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack for 3 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Peach Pecan Pie(23)
Sort By :
Easy to make and fabulous tasting!
I was a pastry chef at a 4 star hotel and I made this pie all the time. I called it "The World's Best Peach Pie".
Words can not describe the taste of this pie - amazing and worth the 500 calories per slice! If you want to knock someones socks off with a very special dessert this is it. I baked the pie using a regular lard (tenderflake) crust.
This pie was amazing! I didn't have any peach preserves so I added apricot preserve instead. I didn't have any pecans either instead I added slivered almonds instead.
I have a smaller pie pan so I used a cup less peaches. It was very good! In fact, it smelled so good while cooking we couldn't wait for it to cool and ate it warm! We ate the left overs the next day cold. It set really well, but we prefered it warm - it was just a little runny. Thanks for sharing!!
More Recipe Collections
- Best Pecan Pie Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peach Pie Recipes >
- Peach Pies >
- Peach Recipes >
- Pecan Pie >
- Pecan Recipes >