- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Garlic powder and seasoned salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with garlic powder and seasoned salt. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil for 4 minutes; turn. Top with the mushrooms, cheese, green onions and bacon. Cover and cook 4 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Chicken
Sort By :
"Quick easy and very very tasty"
"This dish was absolutely delicious. The only changes I made to the recipe was that I added 1-18 oz jar of chicken gravy, to make a richer sauce and I used real chopped bacon on top. My family is hooked! This will definitely be on our menu very often."
"This has been a go-to recipe in my home for years; a frequent request of my husband and even my super picky children gobble this up. I use center cut bacon and reduced fat cheese to cut some of the fat."
"this is an excellent recipe! so quick and easy, we will definitely make it again. i also substituted fresh mushrooms instead of canned. Very good!"
"So simple and fantastic. I use fresh mushrooms instead of canned."