Smothered Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Garlic powder and seasoned salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with garlic powder and seasoned salt. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil for 4 minutes; turn. Top with the mushrooms, cheese, green onions and bacon. Cover and cook 4 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Chicken
Sort By :
This has been a go-to recipe in my home for years; a frequent request of my husband and even my super picky children gobble this up. I use center cut bacon and reduced fat cheese to cut some of the fat.
this is an excellent recipe! so quick and easy, we will definitely make it again. i also substituted fresh mushrooms instead of canned. Very good!
So simple and fantastic. I use fresh mushrooms instead of canned.
This has become a family favorite. So quick and effortless, you can have your main dish prepared in the time it takes to think of your side dishes! Very good flavor and easy to keep ingredients on hand. We don't use the mushrooms but follow the rest of the ingredients. Delicious!
So easy and tastes great. I didn't have green onions, so I substituted chopped red onion. I also had thin chicken breasts, which eliminated the necessity to flatten the chicken. We will have this dish often.