This easy and simple slow-cooked sandwich gets its flavor from bottled beer and onion soup mix. In total, it only takes five ingredients to make the recipe!—Jacki Knuth, Owatonna, Minnesota
Recommended: Slow Cooker Sandwich Recipes
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 to 3 pounds each)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 24 French rolls, split
- Place turkey in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the beer, butter and soup mix; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Shred meat and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Shredded Turkey Sandwiches in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p8
Reviews for Slow Cooker Shredded Turkey Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2014
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2014
"I used a spicy beer (jalapeno beer) and it was great!"
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2013
"I made it for a football game, so easy and everyone loved it. I'm not a big fan of Turkey but I thought it was good also. I used light beer. I used a 6 pound Jenny OTurkey breast. It was done in about 7 hours the first two hours on high. I also did turn the breast over a few times. I can't just leave my slow cooker alone when I'm home. LOL."