Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles to fit if necessary). Combine cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Lasagna
Sort By :
"This was my first time making homemade Lasagna. I t was so easy and fun! I also used a crock pot liner which made clean up a breeze.to boost the flavor I used hot ground sausage mixed with 1 packet of dry French onion soup mix and added I egg to the cheese mixture which made it easy to spread,I also used the regular lasagna noodles and turned out great, flavorful!"
"I love using my slow cooker, and this was a hit!! A keeper!"
"This is amazingly good. Easy to make just put it together and forget it type recipe. Loved it!"
"This was great. Next time I will add Italian sausage for a bit more flavor. But this is a keeper."
"Very good Lasagna. I was surprised it was done in that short amount of time, but it was. I used spaghetti sauce as suggested by other reviews and used a slow cooker liner which made it easy to remove and made cleanup a breeze. Not sure what I'm going to with all the leftovers as it's just my husband and me. I'll let it cool overnight and split it up in another 3 portions. Three more meals headed for the freezer. Thank you Lisa for the recipe."