Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles if necessary). Combine the cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Lasagna(60)
Sort By :
This was great. Next time I will add Italian sausage for a bit more flavor. But this is a keeper.
Very good Lasagna. I was surprised it was done in that short amount of time, but it was. I used spaghetti sauce as suggested by other reviews and used a slow cooker liner which made it easy to remove and made cleanup a breeze. Not sure what I'm going to with all the leftovers as it's just my husband and me. I'll let it cool overnight and split it up in another 3 portions. Three more meals headed for the freezer. Thank you Lisa for the recipe.
This was so dang good, but have to say we changed it up a bit b/c we thought it might be a bit bland for us. Added 3/4 lb hot Italian sausage, 5 mushrooms, replaced the water w/ low sodium beef broth, used tomato paste w/ basil, garlic & oregano, added 1+ tsp each dried oregano, basil & Italian seasoning, 1/8 tsp each red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper, and added 1 c Italian shredded 5 cheeses. Next time will use a crock liner to make removing it easier. Really great the next day too, lots of flavor!
I didn't put as much mozz. cheese in it, but my husband (the bottomless pit) ate a bowl of it and was full! Delicious!
Love this recipe. I often use Italian sausage instead of the ground beef. My nephew and his wife visited and they wouldn't leave without the recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >