Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles to fit if necessary). Combine cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Lasagna
Sort By :
"Perfect make ahead recipe! Delicious just as written but easy to adapt for any family to make their favorite."
"This was my first time making homemade Lasagna. I t was so easy and fun! I also used a crock pot liner which made clean up a breeze.to boost the flavor I used hot ground sausage mixed with 1 packet of dry French onion soup mix and added I egg to the cheese mixture which made it easy to spread,I also used the regular lasagna noodles and turned out great, flavorful!"
"I love using my slow cooker, and this was a hit!! A keeper!"
"This is amazingly good. Easy to make just put it together and forget it type recipe. Loved it!"
"This was great. Next time I will add Italian sausage for a bit more flavor. But this is a keeper."