- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook beef, salt and pepper over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer meat to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onions are tender and mushrooms have released their liquid and begin to brown. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together consomme, flour and tomato paste. Pour over meat mixture; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low 4-6 hours or until thickened. Stir in sour cream. Cook, covered, 15-30 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Ground Beef Stroganoff
"This came together easy but the flavors weren't for us"
"My family enjoyed this take on Stroganoff. I did half the recipe and cooked it on the stove top to save time, but no other changes were made, the ingredients all stayed the same. Using half the consumme was fine for me, because I just used the other half for rice pilaf the next night for dinner."