- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, soup, water and sugar.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer one third of the sauce, half of the beef mixture and one third of the cabbage. Repeat layers; top with remaining sauce and cabbage.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until cabbage and rice are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Golombki
Sort By :
"Did this in the frying pan, and really liked it - except the addition of sugar. I kept having to add salt/garlic to counteract that sweet taste! Very yummy though once I got it right, and there's enough leftovers for 1 or 2 more meals!"
"Tastes too much like the tomato sauce and need more meat. Will make again with some changes because it's so easy."
"Made this for dinner tonight and so far it's been a smash hit! In the future I will be precooking my rice or using instant rice because my slow cooker left the rice raw while cooking everything else."
"I was surprised at how flavorful this was. My In-laws kept referencing lasangna while trying to describe it. This will become a regular meal at our house because it was so easy and so good."
"Love this recipe. Tastes exactly like the stuffed version only less time. I boiled my cabbage first and I used Healthy Tomatoe soup also. My family asked for it one evening, but too late for slow cooker, so I made it in a fry pan on top of the stove and it was done fast for dinner and just as yummy."