Just like Mom’s? Well, sort of! Mary simplifies her mother’s recipe by using the slow cooker. We loved the addition of spaghetti sauce with the tomato soup and the fact that you don’t have to precook the cabbage in this fuss-free remake. —Mary Walker, Clermont, Florida
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, soup, water and sugar.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer one third of the sauce, half of the beef mixture and one third of the cabbage. Repeat layers; top with remaining sauce and cabbage.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until cabbage and rice are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Golombki in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p63
Reviews for Slow Cooker Golombki
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review