Slow-Cooked Chunky Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve desired amount. Cool the remaining chili; transfer to freezer bags or containers. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen chili: Thaw in the refrigerator; place in saucepan and heat through. Add water if desired. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Chunky Chili
Sort By :
"This chili has replaced my old version I have made for years. Very easy; was able to prep everything the night before and then throw it all in the Crock Pot the next morning before work. I did add a little whole cumin and chili powder. Also, just because we love them, replaced two of the cans of beans for black beans. Replaced the diced tomatoes for a 32oz can of whole Roma tomatoes in a purée, because that is what I had in the pantry."
"We made this our official meal on Halloween night since I found the recipe in 2002. While we are out trick-or-treating, the chili cooks in the slow-cooker and is ready with a hot meal when we come back home. My family LOVES this chili!"
"Love this! Made a batch and brought it to work to share, everyone raved about how delicious it was.. I passed out the recipe 5 times! Will make this again for sure! I did use different types of beans instead of all kidney and used turkey instead of beef."
"My husband and I *loved* this chili! It's the only chili recipe I make now. We steam rice and mix the chili, rice, shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream and make an entire meal out of it."
"only chili i make now!!!"