Skillet Beef Tamales Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups salsa
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches), halved and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 5 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef and peppers over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in salsa, corn and water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in tortilla strips. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until tortillas are softened. Sprinkle with cheese; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Beef Tamales(5)
Sort By :
Humdrum. Nothing memorable about this recipe.
Great flavor! Made with medium salsa, but may try hot next time.
To me nothing needed to be tweaked, my little family loves this recipe.
Since I love veggies, I threw in another 1/2 c. of onions. I added about 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning mix and another 2 T. water to give it a little more kick. I also substituted lean ground turkey for the beef and it was still just as delicious!
I added a 1/2 t of salt along with 1/4 t of cumin and fresh celantro as a garnish
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >