- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 cups cooked cornbread stuffing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and 1/4 cup green onions over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in mixed vegetables, salsa and barbecue sauce; cook, covered, over medium-low heat 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Layer stuffing over beef; sprinkle with cheese, red pepper and remaining green onion. Cook, covered, 3-5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Skillet BBQ Beef Pot Pie
"Quick and easy! Tasted good and everyone liked it!"
"Will be making this again. Hubby LOVED it! Quick, easy, and different. I used ketchup instead of salsa to meet dietary needs, it still had lots of flavor."