- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 cups cooked cornbread stuffing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and 1/4 cup green onions over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in mixed vegetables, salsa and barbecue sauce; cook, covered, over medium-low heat 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Layer stuffing over beef; sprinkle with cheese, red pepper and remaining green onion. Cook, covered, 3-5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSkillet BBQ Beef Pot Pie
"Delicious and very quick to make! Great summer meal that doesn't use the oven!"
"My husband and I really liked this. I used frozen corn and peas, but had some fresh baby carrots leftover, so I steamed those then chopped them up. I used Stouffer's Stovetop Cornbread Stuffing. We loved the crunch of the peppers and onions on the top. I do think that it could use a tad more cheese, and a tad more of the salsa/bbq sauce. I think I might increase the sauce by about 1/8 cup each. Overally, a delicious meal that we'll make again!"