Sirloin with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak (1 pound and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional beef broth
- Preheat oven to 450°. Rub steak with pepper. In a heavy ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown steak on both sides. Transfer to oven; roast 4 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove steak from pan; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Add mushrooms to same pan; cook and stir over medium-high heat until golden brown. Add broth and wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Thinly slice steak; serve with mushroom sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sirloin with Mushroom Sauce(2)
Sort By :
This was super easy and tasty . I didn't have wine so used the beef broth. It was kind of one note so just prior to serving I added 1 T of butter to the mixture and let it melt. It added a bit of silkiness and flavor.
Nothing new or special but will probably make the mushroom sauce and grill a steak.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >