Cajun Sirloin with Mushroom Leek Sauce
In 30 minutes you‘ll have a restaurant-quality steak with a bold Cajun flair. The best part? You can skip the drive, the wait and the bill! —Joshua Keefer, Delaware, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced assorted fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Rub steak with Cajun seasoning; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook steak in oil over medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and leek in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the wine, pepper and salt, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Slice steak; serve with mushroom sauce.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked beef with 1/4 cup sauce: 325 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Cajun Sirlon with Wild Mushroom and Leek Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.