Rhubarb lends a hint of natural tartness to this sweet salad shared by Opal Schmidt of Battle Creek, Iowa. As a fruity side dish, its vibrant color is sure to add eye-opening appeal to almost any meal.
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- In a saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the rhubarb is softened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour into a bowl. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until partially set. Fold in whipped topping. Chill until firm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Rhubarb Gelatin in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p8
Reviews for Simple Strawberry Rhubarb Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2012
"Love it! I've made it several times, sometimes adding bananas."