Rhubarb lends a hint of natural tartness to this sweet salad shared by Opal Schmidt of Battle Creek, Iowa. As a fruity side dish, its vibrant color is sure to add eye-opening appeal to almost any meal.
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- In a saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the rhubarb is softened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour into a bowl. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until partially set. Fold in whipped topping. Chill until firm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Rhubarb Gelatin in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p8
Reviews for Simple Strawberry Rhubarb Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2012
"Love it! I've made it several times, sometimes adding bananas."