- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce and water. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine next eight ingredients.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and a third of the cheese mixture, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Uncover; bake until a thermometer reads 160°, about 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Simple Sausage Lasagna
"We loved this recipe! In the past when I made lasagna it tended to be somewhat watery. This was perfect and tasted great! I used bulk sweet Italian sausage but no other changes."
"I used fresh basil and 2 cups cottage cheese and 1 cup ricotta. I think this was the best lasagna I've ever made!"
"Great recipe, and it's so much less hassle and mess not having to pre-boil the noodles. I've been using this method for years, and it works EVERY time. Anybody who says otherwise must not be following the baking instructions....or something."
"Very good and easy to make. I add chopped onions and peppers when cooking the sausage in the first step."
"This is our favorite lasagna recipe and so easy to make. Only 20 minutes and it's in the oven. We absolutely love it. Sent it to my family and they love it as well. Thanks so much for sharing it!"
"I love this recipe. It turns out every time."