When I saw a lasagna recipe that did not call for precooking the noodles, I was anxious to try this time-saving shortcut. Making some changes and additions to suit my taste, I developed this popular dish that I now call my own.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, pepper, dried basil and oregano
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine eggs, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and seasonings.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and a third of the cheese mixture, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Simple Sausage Lasagna in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p33
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Simple Sausage Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review