Simple Sausage Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, pepper, dried basil and oregano
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine eggs, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and seasonings.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and a third of the cheese mixture, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Simple Sausage Lasagna
Sort By :
"We love this recipe! So quick and easy. I also substitute bulk mild Italian sausage and swap out a cup of ricotta for a cup of cottage cheese. I also add some mushrooms because we love them."
"I used fresh basil and 2 cups cottage cheese and 1 cup ricotta. I think this was the best lasagna I've ever made!"
"Delicious. Used mild Italian turkey sausage, 2 cups of cottage cheese and 1 cup of ricotta. Easy, and really wonderful flavor."
"Great recipe, and it's so much less hassle and mess not having to pre-boil the noodles. I've been using this method for years, and it works EVERY time. Anybody who says otherwise must not be following the baking instructions....or something."
"Very good and easy to make. I add chopped onions and peppers when cooking the sausage in the first step."