Cheese cubes give substance to this beautiful, mild and fresh pasta salad. It makes a great side in any season. —Ben Haen, Baldwin, Wisconsin
- 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, cheese, onion, olives and parsley. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sicilian Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p72
Reviews for Sicilian Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review