Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon Recipe
- 10 bacon strips
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled goat cheese
- Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise; set aside. Wrap a basil leaf around each shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon(3)
Sort By :
Fantastic! We'll be making this again.
We had no basil leaves, so it was omitted this time - still turned out great!
Excellent recipe. However, I struggle with the crumbled blue cheese. I'm not sure it's entirely necessary.
This is how I impress my mother in law. Barbecue sauce that I use is famous daves rich and sassy and devils spit. I replace the goat cheese with fetta cheese. Cook time seems a little longer. You will want more than 20. Enjoy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bacon-Wrapped Appetizers >
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >