If you're looking for something a little different to serve guests, you can't go wrong with these elegant shrimp bites, pleasantly seasoned with bacon, basil, goat cheese and barbecue sauce. —Eileen Stefanski, Wales, Wisconsin
- 10 bacon strips
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled goat cheese
- Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise; set aside. Wrap a basil leaf around each shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Originally published as Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p26
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review