Shrimp-Stuffed Poblano Peppers Recipe
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1-3/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and discard seeds. Place peppers, cut side down, in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush with 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and celery in remaining butter until tender. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add the shrimp, cheese blend, rice, lemon juice and seasonings; heat through. Spoon into pepper halves.
- Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over peppers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Sort By :
"I also made these for a party. Needed some modifications. Try using fresh cilantro. Dried has no flavor at all. Gave this some color by adding a little Rotel (Chopped chillies and tomatoes )"
"I charred the peppers on the grill first and peeled the skin. I also added a 2 oz jar of diced pimientos and used 1 1/2 cup of Acini de Pepe pasta instead of rice because it was easier to make than 45 minute cooked rice. Delicious!!!"
"We had these this week and they were delish! It is a recipe that lends itself to modification too. I had some leftover wild rice that I used, and since I couldn't find poblanos at the store, I used pepper jack cheese for half the cheese. We'll be making these again, for sure."
"I made these yesterday and they were delicious! My husband ate 2 servings of these, which is something he very rarely does. It's a keeper."