I’ve lost 50 pounds recently and my husband, Jere, has lost 65. We’re always looking for tasty ways to keep the weight off. I think working moms would love it as much as we do because it's so quick and easy. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1 tablespoon oil and spices; let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sour cream and remaining cilantro.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Return onion mixture to pan; heat through. Serve with tortillas, salsa and sour cream mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Fajitas in Taste of Home September/October 2013
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review