- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), trimmed
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 8 to 10 French or Italian rolls, split
- Halve roast and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup, consomme, broth and bouillon; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and shred with two forks. Serve on rolls. Skim fat from cooking juices; serve juices on the side for dipping. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Shredded French Dip
"Didn't change a thing. Love it!!"
"I am giving this 5 stars because the recipe is so easy and the dipping sauce is absolutely delicious. My family loved it. I have to say I used a chuck roast as directed and cooked it on low for the directed time and it was tender but not as tender as we hoped. We had to mostly cut it because it didn't shred very easily. I will make this again but will probably use a different cut of beef . A fantastic recipe!! :-)"
"GREAT!! So good and so much better than store bought roast beef and package au jus mix! I just add a little cheese after it's on the buns and broil them. Fantastic!"
"This has been one of my "go to" easy meals, since it was first published. I still had kids at home, then, and EVERYONE loves it! Put this in my slow cooker before I left for work yesterday and shredded it, when I got home. We put it on our buns, added slices of cheese (pepper jack, this time) and set it under the broiler until the cheese melted. YUMMY!!!!! It only takes 2-3 minutes prep time--REALLY!! I highly recommend it!!!!ToniGommy of 5 (and pending)"
"DELICIOUS!! Easy to prepare and very flavorful. My family absolutely LOVES this recipe!"