Shortcake for 50 Recipe
Folks are always impressed to see these individual shortcakes on the buffet table. They're surprisingly easy to make.Clara Honeyager, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
- 10-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 8 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2-1/4 cups sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in cream and water just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Combine berries and remaining sugar.
- To serve, cut shortcakes horizontally; spoon about 1/3 cup berries and whipped cream on bottom halves. Replace tops; top with another 1/3 cup of berries and additional cream. Yield: 50 servings.
Originally published as Shortcake for 50 in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p54
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Shortcake for 50(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >