Sea Scallops and Fettuccine Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 sea scallops (about 12 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, garlic, lemon peel and pepper flakes; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about half.
- Cut each scallop horizontally in half; add to red pepper mixture. Simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Serve over fettuccine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sea Scallops and Fettuccine
Sort By :
"This was an excellent, healthy pasta recipe. We really liked the little kick that the crushed red peppers gave it. It wasn't too hot, just flavorful. Simple and satisfying!"
"This was a great "light" recipe! I added some imitation crab flakes to it as well."